7.10.2009

Ocean Eyes

The ocean rolls and rides
Magic reflected in the tide
The stars ignite the midnight sky
But I don’t ever come alive
Till I get to taste the love in your ocean eyes

I’ve dreamed of grace arriving in the night
Stealing a broken soul and giving it flight
And all the colors in the sky
From red to blue to neon bright
Remained in shades black and white
Till I got to taste your ocean eyes

Poetry can make you see
Sunsets can make you believe
But darling, it’s God’s sweet love in your eyes
That shakes me and sets me free

The river Seine flowing through Paris, France
The Holy Spirit harmonizing through us as we dance
Atop the tower at midnight in the city of love
That’s where I find myself
When I lose myself in your symphonic eyes
When I let go and find the love I was born to find

The stars ignite the midnight sky
The sun in the morning begins to rise
But I don’t ever come alive
Till God ignites me through the love in your eyes

Life was once dead in me
Sometimes it takes an angel to help you see
That the stars do sing and shine in the moonlit sky
Like they do in the love in your eyes

It’s all in shades of black and white
Till I taste the love in your melodic eyes
Till I lose myself in your ocean eyes

I want to lose myself in your ocean eyes…

No comments: