7.10.2009

Rain Me Love

Oh come on, come on
Lift up, get up
Pick up your feet of steel and run
There’s more yet for us to see
There’s so much more for us to be

Open wide the gates, break them down today
Taste the freedom and love in the air
Take a brothers hand, take a sister’s heart
Let’s steal away and find ourselves tonight

Oh Son, oh Chosen One, paint us dreams
Paint us with life and set us free
These walls are coming down
I feel it, I need it, I need this love
Be my fuel, let’s fly this thing above
This world is not my home
I can’t steal what’s not my own
Oh Son, oh Chosen One, paint us dreams
Paint us with life and set us free
Black and white is not my shade
In a life where I don’t have to fade
Come and break this man
Bruise him and beat with the stars and sand
Bruise him and break him and send him to a new land

Oh, Painter of the skies,
Come and teach a boy to fly
Come and help this man to rise
I don’t wanna die
I know I don’t have to die
Oh, come Painter, paint me wings
Paint me and help me rise
Paint me in colors that will never die
Shower me with water that’ll never dry

I am ready, I am ready
I am ready to undress from this mess
I am ready to peel off the fake skin
And I am ready to break on in…

I am ready to break on in to something more
Give me sword, give me strength
I am ready and waiting on the front lines
In this war with sin

Help me to break in
Stone me and hold me, let love win
I am not going to run on my own
I am not going to run from what I know

This is the day, this is the way
Eyes to the skies, hands spread to pray
Today your stars are brighter than the city lights
And I know, and I know, that these glasses won’t give me sight
And this plastic and TV magic won’t give me flight…
I know that these plastic and diamonds won’t always shine bright.

I am ready, I am ready, I am ready to fly
I am ready, I am ready, I am ready to never die
I am ready, I am ready, I am ready to rise…

And I can feel the walls coming down
Sing Hallelujah, sing Hallelujah
And I can feel love raining down
Sing Hallelujah, sing Hallelujah

Let the love rain down
Let the thunder light this town
Let the love rain down
Let your love rain down

And we sing Hallelujah
And we sing Hallelujah
And we sing Hallelujah…

No comments: